Free tutor-led online training series available from July
As part of our response to the Covid-19 lockdown, the Be Ready Employer Hub training team have re-designed our Disability Awareness Training workshops to be delivered on-line.
But as these workshops typically last 3-4 hours when delivered in a classroom face-to-face, we have adapted them into a series of five (5) short interactive on-line sessions, each delivered a week apart. All Be Ready Employer Hub workshops, courses and webinars are free; you don’t need any special software – you just need to be able to get on-line. And you’ll get a certificate and learning pack to help you implement the ideas into your workplace.
This on-line series is about Disability Awareness in the Workplace and is designed for Managers or those in an HR role. The series is split into 5 modules covering:
- An Introduction to Disability Awareness in the Workplace – covering Models of Disability and Disability Discrimination
- Access to Work Grant – how to apply for the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) Access to Work grant for employees, including sharing of lived experience by people who have used it
- Reasonable Adjustments – what the Equality Act (2010) requires in terms of disability, such as what are Reasonable Adjustments
- Recruitment and Job Carving – how to provide/enable an inclusive workplace and recruitment process, including ideas for Job Carving
- Disability Confident Scheme – how to achieve the Disability Confident award to enhance your organisation’s reputation.
The on-line workshops are delivered live by experienced trainers, and are interactive (and fun!) to enhance your learning. They last between 30 to 90 minutes, starting at the same time each week (typically 10am or 2pm). As an ‘open course’ they are available for anyone to sign up to, but we do limit the number of attendee places to a maximum of 20 per session to enable full participation. If you have more than 10 colleagues who wish to attend, please contact us and we will provide bespoke webinars specifically for your organisation.
We have also designed an additional module – Language and Communications – which you can book as a follow-on to the main course or as a stand-alone course, especially helpful for customer-facing staff. To find out more details and dates for the training sessions, please go to our Events page.