Date(s) - 19/05/2021
1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Accessibility for Websites
Free online workshop
Our Accessibility for Websites 2-hour online workshop has been designed for Employers and Managers who are not web-designers, but who need to understand how their organisation’s website is used (or not!) by people with online accessibility needs. Topics covered include:
- Commercial benefits of having an accessible website, including the online buying power of disabled people with access needs, and what is at risk to the organisation when websites are not accessible
- An outline of the barriers to online access
- Practical examples and suggestions for simple actions to improve accessibility for websites and social media accounts
- Introduction to some Tools and Resources for checking accessibility
- How to write an Accessibility Statement relevant to the size of your organisation.
This workshop has been designed with input from web developers, non-technical web users and disabled users with accessibility needs. It is delivered live by a trainer experienced in briefing web developers and working in the disability sector.
Places are limited to a maximum of 15 to enable full participation. Our Open Programme courses caters for smaller employers with fewer staff members (ie who only need 1 or 2 places). Alternatively, for larger employers with groups of 6 or more, we can provide this workshop specifically for your organisation – dates to be agreed on request. All of the Be Ready Employer Hub training workshops are free to attend (but please see the note below if you are booking from outside Devon).
Workshop participants will receive:
- a Learner Pack (prior to the start), which contains details about what to expect in the 2 hour workshop, background information on accessibility, ‘how to’ information about using the Zoom functions, plus any links and files needed for the learning activities.
- a Learning Review Pack after the session with all the presentation slides (with additional notes), plus space to add your own notes and comments.
- a Certificate of Attendance is also available on request
To book your place on this workshop (reference OS28 Wednesday 19th May 2021, starting at 1:00 pm), please click this link to go to our Eventbrite Booking page.
This workshop can be attended as a stand-alone module or as a follow-on session to the Disability and Employment course (follow this link for dates and details).
Note: Due to the way all Be Ready Employer Hub services are funded, they are only available free of charge for Devon-based employers. However, we recognise employers from outside Devon my wish to attend our online training. Therefore, we prioritise places for participants based in Devon, with bookings from other areas held on a waiting list until a space place is available. All of the information provided in our disability awareness training is relevant only to UK-based law and regulations. We use Eventbrite as our booking platform and recognise that it promotes its services globally, but we are unable to accept any bookings from outside the UK.