Date(s) - 04/11/2021
1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Thursdays from 4 November (1pm start)
Booking reference: DE5P-02
Be Ready’s Disability and Employment 5-part course (2-hour online sessions delivered weekly). It has been designed for Owners and Managers to be more disability aware in the workplace, including how to recruit and retain inclusively to get the best talent.
As a funded service, the Be Ready Employer Hub is able to provide this online workshop series free of charge to any business or employer based in Devon.
- Workshop 1 – Introduction to Disability Awareness: we explore where some common views and misconceptions of disability originate (Models of Disability), introduce the definition of disability according to the Equality Act 2010 and provide a general awareness of disability discrimination in the workplace.
- Workshop 2 – Reasonable Adjustments: what is meant by the term ‘reasonable adjustment’ and look what the different types of barriers exist in the workplace.
- Workshop 3 – Recruitment and Job Carving: we show the practical aspects of inclusive recruitment, focusing on job adverts, job descriptions and interviews.
- Workshop 4 – Access to Work Grant and the Disability Confident Award: we start this informative session with a comprehensive walk-through the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP’s) Access to Work (A2W) grant scheme – who can apply and how it can be used, with contributions from individuals who have lived experience of using the grant. We then work through the Government Disability Confident award scheme, and how to progress to become a Disability Confident Leader. We finish the session with a short recap of the series and an opportunity to consolidate learning via conversation and a quick quiz.
- Workshop 5 – Language and Communication: this optional workshop supports delegates to overcome language or communication barriers they may experience when working with disabled colleagues or customers, and how to initiate a more “comfortable” conversation.
Series Dates and Times:
This online course will be delivered every Thursday, starting at 1:00 pm (to 3:00 pm) on the following dates:
- 4 November 2021
- 11 November
- 18 November
- 25 November
- 2 December
Your booking covers all four workshops (the fifth is optional) so please ensure you are able to attend the full series, as missing a session will disrupt the learning of the other delegates (and we cannot repeat a missed session separately).
To reserve your place on this workshop series (booking reference DE5P-02), follow this link to the Eventbrite booking page, or use the “Click here to book” button above. Your booking will be confirmed in an email from the Be Ready Employer Hub.
- For more details on content and how this workshop series is delivered, you can book a 30-Minute online Taster session.
- Places on this workshop are limited to a maximum of 15 to ensure optimum access to the trainer. You can book a maximum of three places per organisation on an Open Programme workshop. However if you have five or more colleagues who wish to attend, we can provide a workshop specifically for your group at a mutually convenient time. Please contact Be Ready for more information.
- As a funded service, this training is available free of charge to Devon-based employers. However, we recognise that employers from other areas may also wish to attend our online workshops. Therefore, bookings from other areas in the UK will be held on a waiting list for any spare spaces.
- All of the information provided in our training workshop is relevant only to UK-based law and regulations. We cannot accept any bookings from outside the UK.