Date(s) - 16/11/2021
1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Tuesdays from 16 November (1pm start)
Booking reference: DE5P-LD01
Be Ready’s Disability and Employment 5-part course (2-hour online sessions delivered weekly). It has been designed for Owners and Managers to be more disability aware in the workplace, including how to recruit and retain inclusively to get the best talent.
As a funded service, this online workshop series is provided free of charge to any business or employer based in Devon.
- Workshop 1 – Introduction to Disability Awareness: we explore where some common views and misconceptions of disability originate (Models of Disability), introduce the definition of disability according to the Equality Act 2010 and provide a general awareness of disability discrimination in the workplace.
- Workshop 2 – Reasonable Adjustments: what is meant by the term ‘reasonable adjustment’ and look what the different types of barriers exist in the workplace.
- Workshop 3 – Recruitment and Job Carving: we show the practical aspects of inclusive recruitment, focusing on job adverts, job descriptions and interviews.
- Workshop 4 – Access to Work Grant and the Disability Confident Award: we start this informative session with a comprehensive walk-through the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP’s) Access to Work (A2W) grant scheme – who can apply and how it can be used, with contributions from individuals who have lived experience of using the grant. We then work through the Government Disability Confident award scheme, and how to progress to become a Disability Confident Leader.
- Workshop 5 – Language and Communication: this last session supports delegates to overcome language or communication barriers they may experience when working with disabled colleagues or customers, and how to initiate a more “comfortable” conversation.
Course Dates and Times:
This online course will be delivered every Tuesday, starting at 1:00 pm (to 3:00 pm) on the following dates:
- 16 November 2021
- 23 November
- 30 November
- 7 December
- 14 December
How to Book:
To reserve your place on this course (booking reference DE5P-LD01), email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Disability and Employment course in the subject line.
Your booking covers all five workshops so please ensure you are able to attend the full series, as missing a session will disrupt the learning of the other delegates (and we cannot repeat a missed session separately).
- Places on this workshop are limited to a maximum of 15 to ensure optimum access to the trainer. You can book a maximum of three places per organisation on an Open Programme workshop.
- This workshop series is delivered under Learn Devon’s Smart Skills programme. As a funded service, this training is available free of charge to Devon-based employers only.
- All of the information provided in our training workshop is relevant only to UK-based law and regulations. We cannot accept any bookings from outside the UK.