Date(s) - 10/05/2022
9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Tuesday 10 May (9am to 1pm)
Location: Bideford (Venue to be confirmed)
As well as our online series, Be Ready’s Disability and Employment course is also available as a half-day workshop delivered in a classroom (face to face). It has been designed for Owners and Managers to be more disability aware in the workplace, including how to recruit and retain inclusively to get the best talent.
As a funded service, the Be Ready Employer Hub is able to provide this online workshop series free of charge to any business or employer based in Devon.
The workshop will cover:
- Introduction to Disability Awareness: we explore where some common views and misconceptions of disability originate (Models of Disability), introduce the definition of disability according to the Equality Act 2010 and provide a general awareness of disability discrimination in the workplace.
- Reasonable Adjustments: what is meant by the term ‘reasonable adjustment’ and look what the different types of barriers exist in the workplace.
- Inclusive Recruitment: the practical aspects of inclusive recruitment, focusing on job adverts, job descriptions and interviews.
- Access to Work Grant: who can apply and how it can be used, with examples from individuals who have lived experience of using the grant.
- Disability Confident Award: what the award scheme entails and how it can enhance a business reputation, plus how to progress to become a Disability Confident Leader.
- Language and Communication: this section supports delegates to overcome language or communication barriers they may experience when working with disabled colleagues or customers, and how to initiate a more “comfortable” conversation.
Workshop Date and Time:
This face-to-face workshop will be delivered on Tuesday 10th May 2022, starting at 9:00 am (to 1:00 pm).
To reserve your place in this workshop (booking reference DEF2F-03), follow this link to our booking page, or use the “Click here to book” button above. Your booking will be confirmed in an email from the Be Ready Employer Hub.
- Places on this workshop are limited to a maximum of 15 to ensure optimum access to the trainer. You can book a maximum of three places per organisation on an Open Programme workshop. However if you have five or more colleagues who wish to attend, we can provide a workshop specifically for your group at a mutually convenient time. Please contact Be Ready for more information.
- As a funded service, this training is available free of charge to Devon-based employers only. If you are based outside the county, you may be able to attend an online course if there are any spare spaces.
- All of the information provided in our training workshop is relevant only to UK-based law and regulations.