Date(s) - 12/01/2021
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Disability Awareness in the Workplace Online Series:
Disability and Employment (4-part course)
Our Disability and Employment online course has been designed for Managers and those in HR roles to find out more about how to recruit, employ and retain the best talent. It will be delivered in 4 modules, each a week apart (at the same time on the same day of the week – see below for details of this series).
Each session typically lasts between two and two and half hours dependent on the amount of participant discussion, learning activities and refreshment breaks, and cover the following topics:
- Module 1: An Introduction to Disability Awareness in the Workplace, including Models of Disability, the Equality Act and Disability Discrimination
- Module 2: Reasonable Adjustments – what is legally required of employers in terms of disability, and how simple (and cost-effective) adjustments can be
- Module 3: Recruitment and Job Carving – how to enable and provide an inclusive workplace and recruitment process, including ideas for Job Carving
- Module 4: Access to Work Grant and the Disability Confident Scheme – how to apply, learning from the lived experience of people and organisations.
As each workshop in this series is interlinked, be aware you are agreeing to attend all four modules when you book your place. If you miss a session, we cannot repeat it separately. All of the Be Ready Employer Hub training workshops are free to attend (but please see notes 1 and 2 below if you are booking from outside Devon).
This series is delivered live by experienced trainers, and are interactive (and fun!) to enhance your learning. We limit places on these workshops to a maximum of 15 to enable full participation. Our Open Programme series caters for smaller employers with fewer staff members (ie when you only need 1 or 2 places). Alternatively, for larger employers with groups of 6 or more, we can provide any of these workshops specifically for your organisation – dates to be agreed on request – and still free of charge!
Every participant on this course will receive:
- a Learner Pack prior to starting the course containing an outline of the content, plus all the documents and files needed for the learning activities.
- an online meeting invite for each session
- a Learning Review pack after each session containing the slides and additional notes to help implement the topics covered in the training into the workplace
- a certificate of completion at the end of the series.
This series (reference number OMW16) will be delivered via Zoom online on Tuesday mornings at 10.00 am on the following dates:
- 12th January 2021 (Module 1)
- 19th January 2021 (Module 2)
- 26th January 2021 (Module 3)
- 2nd February 2021 (Module 4)
To book your place, please use this link to go to our Eventbrite booking site. Once we have received your booking, we will email you a confirmation.
You may also be interested in our additional stand-alone workshops, which can be attended as follow-on courses to this series:
- Language and Communication – supports delegates to overcome language or communication barriers they may experience when working with disabled colleagues or customers, and how to initiate a more “comfortable” conversation. The date which directly follows on from the above series is Thursday 11th February (12:30pm to 3:00 pm) – this link goes directly to the Eventbrite booking form for course reference OS17.
- Accessibility for Websites – designed for business owners and managers, this workshops provides practical advice about how to make your website easier to use by understanding the barriers to accessibility – and how to overcome them. The date which follows on from the above series is Wednesday 24th February (10:00am to 12:30pm) – this link goes directly to the Eventbrite booking form for course reference OS18.
These stand-alone workshops are available on other dates if the above are not convenient – see the full list of dates and times on our events page.
Note 1: Due to the way all Be Ready Employer Hub services are funded, they are only available free of charge for Devon-based employers. However, we recognise employers from outside Devon my wish to attend our online training. Therefore, we prioritise places for participants based in Devon, with bookings from other areas held on a waiting list until a space place is available.
Note 2: All of the information provided in our disability awareness training is relevant only to UK-based law and regulations. We recognise that Eventbrite promotes its registration services globally, but we are unable to accept any bookings from outside the UK.