Date(s) - 04/08/2020 - 01/09/2020
2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Disability and Employment
Free 5-part tutor-led online training course
This online series is about Disability Awareness in the Workplace and is designed for Managers or those in an HR role. This course will be delivered as 5 modules, each a week apart (at the same time on the same day of the week – see below for details of this series).
Each online module is designed to be typically 60 to 90 minutes long (but we recommend you allow up to 2 hours for participant discussion, learning activities and refreshment breaks). The series will cover the following topics:
- Module 1 – An Introduction to Disability Awareness in the Workplace – covering Models of Disability and Disability Discrimination
- Module 2 – Access to Work Grant – how to apply for the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) Access to Work grant for employees, including sharing of lived experience by people who have used it
- Module 3 – Reasonable Adjustments – what the Equality Act (2010) requires in terms of disability, such as what are Reasonable Adjustments
- Module 4 – Recruitment and Job Carving – how to provide/enable an inclusive workplace and recruitment process, including ideas for Job Carving
- Module 5 – Disability Confident Scheme – how to achieve the Disability Confident award to enhance your organisation’s reputation.
As this series is interlinked, when booking your place, please be aware you are signing up to attend all five modules. All Be Ready Employer Hub training workshops are free to attend (but please see note below if you are booking from outside Devon).
This series is delivered live by experienced trainers, and are interactive (and fun!) to enhance learning. We limit places on our open programmes to a maximum of 15 to enable full participation. However if you have more than 6 colleagues who wish to attend together, we will be happy to provide this series as bespoke workshops for your organisation – free of charge.
Every attendee will receive:
- a Learner Pack prior to starting the series (containing an outline of the course, plus any materials or details of actions to complete before attending on-line).
- a certificate of completion
- a Learning Review pack to help implement the ideas covered in the training into the workplace.
This series (reference number OMW3) will be delivered via Zoom online at 2.00 pm on the following dates:
- Tuesday 4th August (Part 1)
- Tuesday 11th August (Part 2)
- Tuesday 18th August (Part 3)
- Tuesday 25th August (Part 4)
- Tuesday 1st September (Part 5)
To book your place on this series, please click this link to go to our Eventbrite Booking page.
Please Note: Due to the funding we receive from DWP, Devon County Council and Learn Devon, all Be Ready Employer Hub services are available free of charge for Devon-based employers. However, we recognise that managers and HR specialists from other areas may also wish to attend. Therefore, we will prioritise places on all our open online courses for participants based in Devon, with bookings from other areas held on a waiting list. We will then either confirm available places for anyone on the waiting list a week before the start of the session, or offer a waiting-list place on an alternative series.