Ability not DisAbility
Unlocking Inclusive Talent for Business
This project has now closed.
Free financial support for Devon businesses was provided by the Ability Not Disability Project.
We paid 3 months’ salary (National Living Wage) for new employee who declared a disability
The “Ability not Disability” project was designed in response to businesses’ request for help with recruitment in post-Covid times.
It was recognised that there are far more vacancies than job seekers in the county so now is the time to recognise the talent that may not have been recognised previously.
How we supported businesses:
- We provided grants to cover 3 months paid work and training (National Living Wage) for any new employment opportunities given to a disabled individual
- Training (disability awareness, digital inclusion and employability) was provided to business and individual prior to placement
- Continued support and upskilling in digital knowledge and ability was provided
- Support was provided to achieve the Disability Confident national award to enhance your business reputation as an inclusive employer
- A working pattern and wrap-around support to suit both the business and employee’s needs was provided.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
The project was run by Learn Devon, the County Council’s adult education service, it was one of 13 projects in the county to receive a share of UK Community Renewal Funding. The Job Guarantee Scheme was the grant available to businesses throughout Devon who wanted to take on an employee whose training and salary costs were covered by the scheme for three months at National Living Wage.