This online guide has been developed by City College Norwich (one of three national Centres for Excellence in Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) who provide expert support for employers, managers and practitioners).
The guide has been designed to inform and support all employers in their work with apprentices who have a learning difficulty, difference and/or disability. It has a section on how to create an inclusive work environment, and then continues with sections on the following conditions, difficulties and disabilities:
- Medical and Physical Disabilities, specifically Physical Difficulties. Epilepsy, Diabetes, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Specific Learning Differences (SpLD) – Dyslexia, Dyscalculia, Dyspraxia, Mearles Irlen Syndrome
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Sensory Impairments – Hearing Impairment, Visual Impairment
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Moderate Learning Difficulty (MLD)
- Mental Health
For more detailed information on any aspect of disability and employment, please go to our Information Hub page. Alternatively, you can contact the project team either via our on-line form or call us on 01392 241124.
Please note: we are not responsible for the contents or reliability of linked websites and do not necessarily endorse the views expressed within them. Listing shall not be taken as endorsement of any kind. We cannot guarantee that these links will work all of the time and we have no control over availability of the linked pages.
We do not object to you linking directly to the information that is hosted on this website and you do not need permission to do so.