Date(s) - 08/12/2021
2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Wednesday 8 December 2pm start
Booking reference: AFW-14
The Accessibility for Websites online workshop has been designed as a much-requested non-technical insight for business owners and managers into why and how a website can be made accessible. It provides practical advice about the barriers to accessibility – and how to overcome them.
As a funded service, the Be Ready Employer Hub is able to provide this workshop free of charge to any business or employer based in Devon. The workshop last two hours, and includes an (optional) additional one-to-one session to write or review an Accessibility Statement for your website.
- Context setting, including the buying power of disabled people with access needs, the benefits to an organisation of having an accessible website – and what is at risk when sites are not accessible
- Examples of the different types of disabilities and conditions that need accessibility support
- Introduction to the principles of digital accessibility
- Practical tools and ideas to overcome accessibility barriers (for websites and social media platforms).
To reserve a place on this workshop (booking reference AFW-14), follow this link to our booking page, or use the “Click here to book” button above. Your booking will be confirmed in an email from the Be Ready Employer Hub.
- Places on this workshop are limited to a maximum of 15 to ensure optimum access to the trainer. You can book a maximum of three places per organisation on an Open Programme workshop. However if you have five or more colleagues who wish to attend, we can provide a workshop specifically for your group at a mutually convenient time. Please contact Be Ready for more information.
- As a funded service, this training is available free of charge to Devon-based employers. However, we recognise that employers from other areas may also wish to attend our online workshops. Therefore, bookings from other areas in the UK will be held on a waiting list for any spare spaces.
- All of the information provided in our training workshop is relevant only to UK-based law and regulations. We cannot accept any bookings from outside the UK.