Thousands of people across Devon are overlooked for jobs because of pre-conceived myths and ideas about disability and long-term health conditions.
Practical training enabling a better understanding of disability and how to support people in the workplace
Telephone call-back service to answer your specific questions
Knowledge-sharing peer-to-peer Employer Network with lived/practical experience
Opportunity to join a nationally-recognised scheme that demonstrates your support of disabled people
On-line employer resource hub - everything you wanted to know about employing people with a disability or long term health condition
Employing a person with a disability is easier than you think.
Many people with disabilities do not require additional assistance to do their job.
Check out some of the facts
Fiona (Business Director)
Meet Fiona—Find out how she's helped Ashley follow his ambition.
Two years ago Fiona took on Ashley, who has a learning disability. Here’s Fiona’s story of how being open and willing to learn has helped Ashley to become a valuable member of the teamView Case Study
Meet Paul—Determined to work and growing in confidence day-by-day.
Paul works in the Transfusion department at Torbay Hospital. Find out how what a permanent job means to Paul and what a difference it has made to his life.View Case Study
Meet Ben—He’s kind, committed and qualified, so why isn’t he employed?
Across Devon there are thousands of people who are skilled, ready and able to work. So what’s holding them back? For some it can all come down to how challenging the recruitment process can be. Take Ben for example.View Case Study
- Telephone Call back service to answer specific questions about recruitment and retention
- Resource hub information about Positive and Inclusive Recruitment
On-line Information Hub
- Detailed library of information about all aspects of disability and employment to help employers attract, recruit and retain disabled people.
- Information collated and updated based on lived experience and practical knowledge.
Latest News and Updates
- Articles and Updates on all aspects of employment and working with people with a disability or long term health condition, for example Regulatory / Legal changes, articles by Employers who have a diverse workforce.
- Items of interest via our social media channels eg posts and news items on LinkedIn and Twitter @BeReadyHub
A desire to work, wanting to use skills and be valued, despite a long term health condition or impairment, is what drives people to seek employment. This drive and the need to be independent makes people committed and hard-working.Source: Living Options, Disability Confident Leader