Thousands of people across Devon are overlooked for jobs because of pre-conceived myths and ideas about disability and long-term health conditions.
Employing a person with a disability is easier than you think.
Many people with disabilities do not require additional assistance to do their job.
Check out some of the facts
Fiona (Business Director)
Meet Fiona—Find out how she's helped Ashley follow his ambition.
Two years ago Fiona took on Ashley, who has a learning disability. Here’s Fiona’s story of how being open and willing to learn has helped Ashley to become a valuable member of the teamView Case Study
Meet Paul—Determined to work and growing in confidence day-by-day.
Paul works in the Transfusion department at Torbay Hospital. Find out how what a permanent job means to Paul and what a difference it has made to his life.View Case Study
Meet Ben—He’s kind, committed and qualified, so why isn’t he employed?
Across Devon there are thousands of people who are skilled, ready and able to work. So what’s holding them back? For some it can all come down to how challenging the recruitment process can be. Take Ben for example.View Case Study
- Face-to-Face Training delivered on-site or as a group workshop – free half-day introductory session on Disability Awareness in the workplace to include how to provide an inclusive workplace and recruitment process; Equality Act; sharing practical experience of using Access to Work and Reasonable Adjustments etc.
- Telephone Call back service to answer specific questions you may have about recruitment and retention of people with disabilities, mental health issues or long term health conditions.
- ‘How to’ guides and links to information about all aspects of Positive and Inclusive Recruitment and Retention.
- Support to join a nationally-recognised scheme that demonstrates your support of people with disabilities
- Opportunities to achieve awards about social mobility to enhance your marketing and promotion
Be Up to Date – On-line
- Detailed library of information, tools and resources on all aspects of disability and employment to help employers attract, recruit and retain disabled people.
- Knowledge-base regularly collated and updated based on lived experience and practical application in the workplace.
- Articles and Updates on all aspects of employment and working with people with a disability or long term health condition, for example Regulatory / Legal changes, articles by Employers who have a diverse workforce.
- Latest news and updates shared from across the UK to keep your business leading edge into the ‘Purple Pound‘ market.
- Items of interest via our social media channels eg posts and news items on LinkedIn and Twitter @BeReadyHub.
Be Up to Date – Face-to-Face
- Networking with other businesses across the county to share practical knowledge, discuss issues and find solutions on all aspects of recruiting and keeping with people with a disability or long term health condition.
- Opportunities to meet and work with Ambassador businesses (either run by people with disabilities or organisations already employing and keeping a diverse workforce) who will share their knowledge and lived experience.
- Access to Partnership organisations who can advise and guide on specific aspects of disability, mental health and long term health conditions.